!!Welcome newcomers!!

If you have never been here before, I would like to thank you for coming here and welcome! If you have been here before, then it just goes to show I'm doing something right. Asylum Articles is a place where everyone (from MLG pro to beginner noob) can read up on the latest news, see what games are coming out soon and read a review of a game already out. You can even join in on things like polls, forums and just chat with others on any post you like. Feel free to leave all forms of feedback (although please be respectful, all abusive comments will be deleted as soon as possible) and help us improve this site so everyone can enjoy it. Now that you have finished reading this post you can go and do what you want. Read, write and enjoy!

- Michael

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Nintendo Live Conference E3 2012


So after annoying searches for Nintendo’s conference I finally found one. It was glitchy as hell, but I found one! So Nintendo’s conference was pretty impressive. I am not the biggest fan of Nintendo, never really cared about what they do or what they show (E3 wise) ever since they released Wii and NintendoDS. But after seeing the WiiU in action, the games they are releasing on it and the features it has, I am really interested! After 6 long years I am finally intrigued by Nintendo. Although it's not at the top of my list, if I ever get the chance to buy the WiiU I will definitely think about it.

So the conference itself was really good. The intro was nice, it wasn’t a montage, and it wasn’t Dance Dance Revolution 69,000. What it was, was a funny intro featuring Mr. Miyamoto and Pikmin 3 characters. The intro included the audience, really made everyone feel at home. It was also a good way to introduce the new game for the WiiU, Pikmin 3. For most of the first part of the conference it was focused on showing of the WiiU gamepad and its features. Now normally when I watch these conferences and they spend a long time talking about their console I get bored really fast, but I was really interested in the WiiU, the features of Miiverse, Wii Fit U and being able to play games without the T.V. being on was really cool. During the conference some awesome 3rd party games were shown, but the thing that made me really happy with Nintendo’s conference was Zombieu. The game not only looks great but it also seems like it will be great to play. After some strange Nintendo land ending, I was done.

So overall the Nintendo’s conference was pretty awesome. The 3rd Party games were awesome in the way they included the WiiU to be different from the Xbox/PS versions. And the exclusive Nintendo games were awesome too. Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Scribblenaughts Unlimited and Zombieu all looked fun, intriguing and unique. The Wii was really no competition compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3. And even Nintendo3DS let NintendoDS fall (PS Vita is the current go to portable for me), but now Nintendo has a chance to compete against Sony and Microsoft, now Nintendo can say “Hey, our creation is awesome, buy it you noobs!” and people won’t laugh at them. The conference was great, well planned out and well pulled off. The actual products shown were even better. After seeing all the conferences I will have to say this is my favourite. And I also have to say that I am looking forward to seeing what’s in store for Wii U.

0 comments:

Post a Comment