!!Welcome newcomers!!

If you have never been here before, I would like to thank you for coming here and welcome! If you have been here before, then it just goes to show I'm doing something right. Asylum Articles is a place where everyone (from MLG pro to beginner noob) can read up on the latest news, see what games are coming out soon and read a review of a game already out. You can even join in on things like polls, forums and just chat with others on any post you like. Feel free to leave all forms of feedback (although please be respectful, all abusive comments will be deleted as soon as possible) and help us improve this site so everyone can enjoy it. Now that you have finished reading this post you can go and do what you want. Read, write and enjoy!

- Michael

Sunday 24 June 2012

E3 2012 Opinions


I know it’s a bit late, but I’m finally bringing you guys “E3 2012 Opinions”. So after watching as much as I can of E3, after sharing as many links as I possibly can via twitter, I am finally going to give my opinions on what was awesome, what was shit, what surprised me and my over all opinion of E3 this year. Since this is my first gaming convention thingy that I am covering, when I do my “opinions” article I will set it up like this:
Overall opinions
What was shit
What was surprising
What was awesome
Now let us finally, after many a hour, read my opinions.

We all have them

So over all E3 2012 was really, really... disappointing. E3 this year didn’t even feel like E3, it just felt like another PAX East with more games. There are two reasons to this, the first being that nothing we didn’t already know happened. Yes we did see some cool fresh things like Watch Dogs but really, we all knew what was going to happen. We knew Dead Space 3 would have co-op, we knew Dishonored would allow us to take control of rats and fish, we knew it all which is why not a lot of things really seemed interesting. Yes it was cool seeing real gameplay of these things in action but videos of the same gameplay scene get boring over time. The second reason being the participants of E3. Normally during E3 I don’t just see interviews, I see the entertainment, the booth babes, the people dressed up in strange costumes, the open booths, and things like these are normally all over places like YouTube. But this year, it felt like everyone just wanted to interview someone and gtfo. So overall I was really disappointed as it just didn’t feel like E3.


Now another thing that can ruin the E3 experience is bad games/products. Now this year I enjoyed a majority of the items that were shown off, but a couple of things should have stayed behind closed doors. The biggest one being Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. The campaign demo that was shown during the Microsoft conference was a major disappointment. Not only was it boring, but it was anything we haven’t already seen from Black Ops. Same graphics, same gameplay, same Michael Bay explosions. Sure we saw the ability to choose between using an X-Ray sniper or getting down a bridge using a grappling hook but overall it looked like the same Call of Duty we have been playing for years now. Let’s just say for a second that I’m wrong and the Call of Duty gameplay wasn’t bad, it was just how it was presented that made it look bad. I would actually easily believe this, as the Microsoft conference was the biggest load of stinky dog poo my eyes have ever seen. Not only was nothing interesting shown off, it was also put together in two seconds. A random gameplay trailer was just thrown in every so often to cover up there crappy organization skills. So basically what I’m saying is, if there was no such thing as a Microsoft conference, E3 2012 would have been a lot better!

Disappointed!
Now for what was surprising at E3. The first thing on my list has to be the Nintendo Wii U. When this was first announced and shown off a bit, people just thought it was a crappy attachment to the Wii. But after E3 2012, every should know that it’s actually a whole new system that looks really, really... good! They showed of some cool games with the Wii U and over all the Wii U is not only impressive, but could also bring Nintendo back into the battle with Microsoft and Sony. Watch Dogs was also a major surprise to everyone. No one had really head anything about Watch Dogs, but when the gameplay was released at E3 everyone was throwing money at their screens hoping they would get the game. Watch Dogs looks like one hell of an amazing game. The last thing that surprised me at E3 was Assassins Creed III naval warfare gameplay. This naval warfare gameplay looks amazing and it has made me more than happy. Why would such a small part of the game make me happy you may ask? Because the last two Assassins Creed games were just $80+ DLC’s. Finally we see Assassins Creed doing what the first and second game did, taking the gaming world a step in the future, or should I say past?


!! Surprise!!
Now finally, the moment you have all been waiting for. The most awesomest game related thing in the world (during the moments of E3) is... Dishonored! Now I was going to say Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Alien: Colonial Marines, Assassins Creed 3, Nintendo’s WiiU ect. But Dishonored just looks so bloody awesome! Being able to take control of animals, all the powers you can use. At E3 they showed the same quest in every interview/gameplay video but every video was different. Showing different ways to complete the quest. And that, along with the awesome art design, is why Dishonored is my game of E3!


  
                                
                                 All games mentioned in that paragraph will be pre-ordered... maybe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment