!!Welcome newcomers!!

If you have never been here before, I would like to thank you for coming here and welcome! If you have been here before, then it just goes to show I'm doing something right. Asylum Articles is a place where everyone (from MLG pro to beginner noob) can read up on the latest news, see what games are coming out soon and read a review of a game already out. You can even join in on things like polls, forums and just chat with others on any post you like. Feel free to leave all forms of feedback (although please be respectful, all abusive comments will be deleted as soon as possible) and help us improve this site so everyone can enjoy it. Now that you have finished reading this post you can go and do what you want. Read, write and enjoy!

- Michael

Sunday 25 March 2012

Don't leave me Zipper!

A rumour has been running around over at Kotaku that Zipper Interactive (owned by Sony) is going to be shutdown. Although Sony has declined to comment on the matter to them (Kotaku), they’ve heard chatter for several days that Zipper was being hit with layoffs and a project cancellation. This indicates that the studio will be shutdown.




Zipper Interactive was founded in 1995, it started off creating games purely for Microsoft Windows all the way up till 2002. In that year (2002) Zipper found its fame with a PS2 Exclusive game: SOCOM: US Navy Seals. After a slew of SOCOM games in 2006 on the PS2 and PSP, Sony decided to buy Zipper Interactive. Since then they have released more SOCOM games, MAG and Unit 13.







In my eyes Zipper has always made great games. SOCOM was an amazing Tactical Third-Person Shooter that made Zipper famous. Then MAG came out and it really showed the talent of Zipper. Massive battles with up to 120+ people in a match. It had everything from creative customization to great gameplay. The most recent game produced by Zipper is Unit 13 for the PS Vita. Unit 13 is a great game that has gotten great reviews all around, a few people have even said it is one of the best games on the Vita and one of the best shooters on any portable device.







Zipper Interactive will always, in my mind, a great developer and will never be forgotten in the gaming world. Let’s just hope that it will be able to last a few more years to maybe make one last game.







P.S.
Hey guys, Michael here. Just like to say a few things, first of all a couple of new writers will be posting reviews and articles. Please be kind to these new writers and make sure to share the website with all your friends. I will be doing a new type of review which will be called “Quickie”. Its where I play a demo, multiplayer or some part of a smaller game for 1 hour (or more if I can), after the hour is over I go straight to my computer and right a small 1-2 paragraph review. This new type of review will be up before Easter. Games that are going to be reviewed very soon: God of War III, Star Wars: Force Unleashed and Dragon Age: Origins. I would like to thank Very Reasonably Priced Games for giving me Star Wars and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate edition for an extremely cheap price. Make sure you check out their website: http://www.veryreasonablypricedgames.com/

Also if you want to buy any of Zippers games that I mentioned today check out these links:



One more thing (I know this is getting really long, just hold on a couple more sentence’s, I am currently dying due to a cold, so please donate money to me so I can live. On the real side, I am sick so that means I won’t be as active for a couple of weeks (sickness leads to catching up of school work and not being able to see typo’s and spelling mistakes) but if the new people send me their stuff then I will be able to post that for you guys. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment